Thursday, August 6, 2020

Week 2 Nutrisystem - CRAVINGS!

This week, the cravings INCREASED. 

Weight at beginning of Week 2: 169.2 pounds

Weight at the end of Week 2: 168.8 pounds 

Tips for Dealing With Pregnancy Food Cravings
Source:  Bruce And Rebecca Meissner

Yeah, this was a tough week. 

So, what happened? Why did I give in to my cravings?

1) Seeing fast food in the fridge every day. I have roommates who eat fast food every day. They keep it as leftovers to eat later at night and so I see the bags in the fridge every day. I will smell the fresh KFC they bring home. I read an article that said even seeing food is a trigger for cravings.

2) Alcohol. I had more than one serving, and I am allowed two each week. But I had like 4-5 in one night. I usually lose a few ounces the next day (I do weigh every day, which I know I should not do, but I cannot help it. I need the motivation). But after drinking, I did not lose anything the next day. Then I went out of town the next day to get m car fixed and did not have a car for 3 hours. Was so hungry I had Chipotle. 

3) Ate fast food...thrice. Chipotle, Foster's Freeze and Taco Bell. What is funny is that it did not even taste that good. Was not gross, but I had these high expectations that this food would be like liquid gold and it was not. I think my body just craves the fat and calories.

4) I skipped lunch a few days. Then I would snack a ton. NEVER skip the meals! 

I have been reading a lot of articles about why the body fights weight loss. The science on it is crystal clear and makes sense. So now I know why I failed this week.  

I also learned something I mention in my diary:  "I have finally learned that I cannot out-exercise my bad eating habits. I exercised so much in the past and ended up just gaining weight. I know now how I should eat and it is a lot throughout the day, but it is still annoying being hungry all the damn time."

More from my diary: "Well I just hope I can stick through my diet because I realize it is difficult for me to cut all temptation. I am working out but I was working out before and was still gaining weight. I cannot let myself go over 1200 calories. It is like what is the point of spending all this money if I am just going to go right back to my old ways."

This was a tough week!

Reminder: I have chosen to use a nom de plume and remain anonymous due to the public nature of my job (I do not want to show up when people Google me). You will see me through my BitMoji!
hi

2 comments:

  1. Im glad you mentioned that about exercise. Moderate light exercise is good. Exercise is only a fraction to losing weight.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa for my first comment :)
      Yes, exercise helps but sometimes makes me hungrier lol.

      Delete

Week 3 Nutrisystem - It is Working!

Like I said, I kept a diary during my journey and am on Week 5, so I am posting excerpts from it here, as well as additional commentary. I a...