Thursday, August 6, 2020

Week 1 Nutrisystem - A Huge Change in My Habits

Like I mentioned before, I have kept a diary during my journey and these posts pull from that with additional commentary on my part. Read on to see how I did after one week! 

Fresh Start | How Does the First Month of Nutrisystem Work?
Source: Nutrisystem

The Week 1 Nutrisystem Reboot they have everyone take the first week was hard but I FEEL skinnier! The calorie count is so drastically reduced that you are not advised to work out the first week, so I did not, but I still lost A LOT. Read on to see how much I lost! 

So, my first worry was the taste of the food. How does it taste?

Some of the food was not that good, such as the broccoli rice you microwave and let stand covered for 5 minutes. The rice never got cooked enough. But the BBQ chicken was delicious with my whole wheat bun. Was so filling that I did not even have to eat my post-dinner snack. 

So the food can be good and bad. How did I FEEL?

Here are some quotes from my diary:

"I have a mental fog from my diet, but I know my body will get through this. Hopefully I can start adding in a little exercise in a couple days because I feel like a lazy blob. Bitmoji Image

Driving around town was difficult due to my fog. I took the wrong turn twice on my way to the post office. 


Right now I still crave fried chicken. I keep eyeing the fried chicken I made on Sunday. It looks heavenly. Real chicken…


I still feel weak. I also feel bloated and am really gassy. 


Wow, checked the CDC BMI calculator and I am actually obese. I never thought in a million years that I would grow up to become obese. I do overeat and eat whatever I want, so now I understand how I became obese. Perhaps becoming 155 is not a big enough goal. I need a goal weight of 141 to have a healthy weight. That means I need to lose 35 pounds. Now that I am older, I cannot just eat tons of fast food, sour cream, cheese, etc. I justify my binge eating by saying that I work hard, so I deserve to fatten myself up. Well, no reward should involve making myself unhealthy and obese. I am going to make sure that I lose that weight!


Still depressed. Just cleaned the whole house and hopefully that burned quite a few calories. I am not as hungry today. Just sad."



Is it difficult to add fresh food to the meals?

Not at all! I have 2 cups of mixed greens almost every day as a side to a meal or as a snack. There is half the veggies. Then for dinner I usually saute the zucchini I am growing in my garden along with some bell pepper and garlic in canola cooking spray. Sometimes I will add mushrooms. Then there will be the other half of veggies they want me to eat in a day (4 servings). It is really easy.


How much did you lose after Week 1 Reboot?

I lost 5.8 pounds! I got down to 169.2 pounds.


What were some hurdles or obstacles you encountered?

I will be honest. My depression kind of came out in full force. Not only was I weak from the lack of calories and my mind foggy, but that reactivated my depression. Made what I deal with on a daily basis really hard.


I went to San Jose to go to the mall and return items I knew would take months if I shipped it back. I smelt food everywhere it seemed. One store, Athleta, actually let me try things on (due to the pandemic), and I looked TERRIBLE in the work pants and tank tops. My arms and shoulders are the biggest parts of my body and the tank top pronounced that. And most of the mall-goers were young, thin people, and I could not help but wish I could turn back the clock. It was a very depressing day. I brought my granola bar with me to eat, but I did not like the crunchy texture. Got stuck in my teeth. I left the mall shortly after I arrived. I used to love shopping, and now it is a depressing experience.


Cravings. I had the worst cravings. Like I could not control myself type cravings. I persevered save for a few times, such as when I had a bite of the fast food my boyfriend got for himself. Or when I made a PB sandwich as a third snack.


Fights with my boyfriend. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3 Nutrisystem - It is Working!

Like I said, I kept a diary during my journey and am on Week 5, so I am posting excerpts from it here, as well as additional commentary. I a...